UPDATED: They Will Need To Take That Order To Go -- To Jail
Gallery: Drug arrests [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
According to a TPD report, at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Monday, June 16, detectives observed Juan Tavares Mara, 27, 18 Melrose Street and Wilfrey R. Santana, 21, 8 Crestshire Drive, engaging in drug transactions in the parking lot of the McDonald's at 1915 Andover St.
The detectives, who had been in unmarked vehicles, called for backup units to take the men into custody. Both men were charged with conspiracy to violate Massachusetts Drug Laws and Distribution of Heroin.
The men were arraigned Tuesday in Lowell District Court.
Dog allegedly attacks resident, chomps wristlet
On Monday, June 16, just before 10 a.m., a female caller reported be accosted by a dog near 737 Shawsheen St. The caller said that the dog had come off its property two times while she was walking by. On this occasion, according to the caller, the dog grabbed hold of the wristlet she was wearing and tore it off her arm.
Animal Control was notified to further investigate.
- Joseph Bartolotti, 52, Main St., Tewksbury, was arrested on June 17, at 6:04 a.m., on outstanding warrants for Larceny over $250 and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- Steven J. Eagan, 46, 154 Andover Road, North Billerica, was arrested on Tuesday, June 17, at 6:19 a.m. on a warrant for OUI-liquor.
- Vincent Daniel McLaine, 21, Tewksbury, was arrested on Monday, June 16, at 9:27 a.m., on an apprehension warrant. He was immediately transported to Lowell District Court.
- Lorraine M. Garthe, 47, 79 Chandler St., Boston, was arrested on Sunday, June 15, at 8:52 p.m., on outstanding warrants for larceny by check and check forgery.
- Monday, June 16, 7:10 p.m. -- An officer reported being out with an unlicensed ATV and unlicensed dirt bike that had been riding along the railroad tracks. The riders were spoken to and parked the vehicles.
- Monday, June 16, 11:51 p.m. -- An officer reported a vehicle accident in the parking lot of Police Headquarters involving an officer. One person was taken to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus with non-life threatening injuries. The report did not indicate if the injured party was a police officer.
When you miss a day of Your Tewksbury Today, you miss a lot! Don't miss a single headline. Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter, which arrives in your email inbox first thing in the morning.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday