POLICE LOG: Phone Tips Lead To Arrests For Assault, Drug Distribution
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
On Thursday, June 19, at 6:16 p.m., police received a call from a man who said he suspected drug activity was going on at 352 Old Main St. He alleged that drug activity was an ongoing problem at that address.
Two officers were sent to the address, with four more units following later as backup. As the result of an investigation, police arrested Lizmari Robles-Alers, 28, 20 Lawson St., Apt. 20, Lowell. Robles-Ales was charged with Distribution of a Class B substance, Possession of a Class B Substance with Intent to Distribute and Conspiracy to Violate State Drug Laws.
Several hours later, on Friday, June 20 at 12:21 a.m., Police received a call from a man who said he saw a woman being beaten up by a man in Livingston Street Park.
Three units responded to the scene and an ambulance was called to tend to the victim's injuries. There were no arrests made at that time because the suspect had left the scene. The woman was transported to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus for treatment of her injuries.
A short time later, Tewksbury Police received a call from a staff member at Saints Campus, reporting that a party involved in the case was in the lobby there. Tewksbury Police called their counterparts in Lowell, who immediately went to the Saints Campus emergency room and stayed with the man until TPD officers arrived.
The man, identified as Michael Joseph Romano, 22, 81 Judique Road, Tewksbury, was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery, Intimidation of a Witness and Malicious/Wanton Destruction of Property with a value greater than $250.
Romano was arraigned in Lowell District Court.
- Marianne Downey, 56, 2205 Archstone Ave., Tewksbury, was arrested on Thursday, June 19, and charged with Domestic Assault and Battery.
- Casey S. Ryan, 31, 275 Willow Ave., Haverhill, was arrested on Monday, June 23, on a warrant for Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
- Emily R. Chisholm, 30, 43 3rd Ave., #1R, Lowell, was arrested on Monday, June 23, on a warrant for Possession of a Class E Substance.
- Walter K. Meehan, IV, 29, 26 Congress St., Wilmington, was arrested on Saturday, June 21, after allegedly crashing his vehicle into a fence and front yard on Shawsheen Street. He was charged with OUI-Drugs, Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle and a Marked Lanes Violation.
- A 17-year-old female was arrested on Sunday, June 22 at 2:46 a.m. and charged with Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest and Assault and Battery on a Police Officer.
- Police responded to multiple 911 calls on Sunday, June 22, at 12:05 a.m., following a car crash into a stone wall on Livingston Street. Medical crews also responded to the scene and one person was taken to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
- On Sunday, June 22, at 6:10 p.m., a man called Police Headquarters to report finding a bike in the woods off Livingston Street. He said he would hold onto the bike overnight and bring it in on Monday.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday