Funway Park Playground To Close, As Construction Begins Next Week
The new and improved Funway Park Playground.
Starting Monday July 7, Funway Park, located on Livingston Street, Tewksbury, will be closed for approximately 4-5 weeks during the installation of the new Town playground.
Additionally, improvements will be made to the shade area, new structures will be installed, and a new ground surface and asphalt walkway will be created. New fencing around the perimeter will complete the area.
The central gazebo and benches will remain.The schedule for the project is as follows:
- July 7th – 11th: site demolition and some site preparation
- July 14th- 18th: continued site preparation
- July 21st – 25th: wrap up site preparation and install smaller pieces of equipment
- July 26th – 27th: Community Build-Weekend- volunteers needed
- July 28-August 1st: walkway, fence, ADA entrance ramp installed, finish-up/clean-up
The Board of Selectmen and Town Manager understand and apologize for any inconvenience due to closing the playground for a few weeks.
However, they are confident the new equipment and improvements will provide an enhanced and safer park for children and parents to enjoy.
Please call the Town Manager’s office at 978-640-4300 if you’d like to volunteer for the Community Build Weekend.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday