Skip to main content

Your Tewksbury Today

Police Log: Storms Close Roads, Damage Property

Jul 04, 2014 09:45PM ● By Bill Gilman

A National Grid crew works to repair damaged power lines on Pine Street after the storm Thursday.

Wind, rain and lightning brought down power lines and tree limbs and damaged property in Tewksbury, as the first big summer storm rolled through town Thursday morning.
According to Tewksbury Police, downed power lines on Pine Street, Arlington Street, Whipple Road, East Street, Chapman Road and Charlotte Road resulted in temporary power outages. Sections of Pine Street and Charlotte Road were closed temporarily.
Most of the damage occurred between 8 and 10 a.m., but it took National Grid crews several hours to get all of the damaged lines repaired.
Thursday night, just after 11 p.m., emergency crews responded to a report that a home on Secor Road had been struck by lightning. The strike did not ignite a fire.

Vehicle break-ins reported
Police responded to multiple reports of vehicle break-ins in the Trull Road area, Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
Thursday, July 3, at 6:21 a.m., a caller from Wamesit Engineering, 89 Trull Road, reported that a computer tablet had been stolen from his vehicle sometime overnight.
Later that morning, at 11:24 a.m., a caller from 54 Trull Road, reported that someone had broken into their vehicle overnight.
Reports were filed in both cases.

14-year-old juvenile, was arrested July 3 at 12:07 p.m. and was charged with domestic assault and battery, witness intimidation, malicious destruction of property under $250 and threatening to commit a crime.
Derek Sawyer, 25, 44 Floyd St., Lowell, was arrested on July 3, at 3:25 p.m. and was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
Jessica L. Cardinal, 20, homeless, was arrested on Tuesday, July 1, on an outstanding warrant and for possession for a Class E substance.

Additional Calls:
Thursday, July 3, 9:39 a.m. -- A Bradford Road resident called to report there was a deer in his backyard. What made that a problem was that his backyard is completely fenced in. The deer must have leapt the fence, trapping itself inside the yard. Animal Control responded to the scene and helped the deer get free.

When you miss a day of Your Tewksbury Today, you miss a lot! Don't miss a single headline. Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter, which arrives in your email inbox first thing in the morning.

Follow us on Facebook at Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday