Green Committee Helps Tewksbury Land $161,000 Grant
Tewksbury Town Hall Annex.
The town's first grant, awarded shortly after it achieved Green Community status, was for around $180,000 and was for general energy efficiency projects. The new grant is for $161,574, according to town officials.
"This grant had to be very specific," said Town Manager Richard Montuori. "It had to be (written in a way that was) project-oriented."
According to Montuori, the grant will be used for the following projects:
- $10,879 Dewing School – Exterior lighting
- $31,388 DPW Building – Exterior lighting
- $4,987 Fire Station – Exterior lighting
- $14,146 North Street School – Exterior lighting
- $20,710 Ryan Middle School – Exterior lighting
- •$11,335 Wynn Middle School – Exterior lighting
- $10,374 Town Hall/Town Hall Annex – Exterior lighting
- $35,767 Senior Center – Exterior lighting
- $4,738 DPW Building – Weatherization
- $17,250 Loella Dewing School – Outdoor air reset
Montuori said the projects will be completed fairly quickly, as there is a limited period of time to use the grant money. The new grant application cycle will begin soon.