Police Log: Stolen Moped Makes Really Bad Getaway Vehicle
Sep 02, 2014 10:17AM, Published by Bill Gilman, Categories: Public Safety
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
The incident began around 7:45 p.m. on Saturday when Dispatch received a call from a Pomfret Road resident. The man reported that his stepson was attempting to break in to his garage or shed and did not have permission to be there. The caller also said the step-son was likely on a black moped.
Three officers responded to the scene and quickly located the suspect on the moped. When the license plate was run through the system, Andover Police reported that the moped had been stolen a short time earlier from a home on Post Office Avenue in their town.
Aaron T. Gribbin, 20, 73 Pomfret Road, Tewksbury, was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and receiving a stolen motor vehicle.
Mailbox smashing spree leads to three arrests
A trio of Tewksbury teenagers was arrested following an end-of-the-summer vandalism spree early Saturday morning.
The incident began around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 30, when a Helvetia Road resident called 911 to report that three teens had just knocked over his mailbox. Officers responded to the scene and discovered that mailboxes at five homes on Helvetia Street had been destroyed.
Officers were able to track down the three teens after a quick search of the area and took them into custody.
Michael B. Donovan, 18, 96 Lee St., Tewksbury, Bryan M. Foti, 18, 855 Chandler St., Tewksbury, and Nicholas J. Harvey, 18, 22 Brentwood Road, Tewksbury, were all taken into protective custody and all three were charged with malicious or wanton destruction of property.
- Jenttrey T. Serrano, 19, 2 Grainger St., Lawrence, was arrested on Saturday, Aug. 30 and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, no sticker, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, illegally attaching plates, and a registration plate violation.
- Kimberly A. Anderson, 27, 14B Mellon Road, North Billerica, was arrested on Saturday, Aug. 30 on outstanding warrants for possession of a Class A substance and possession of a Class E substance.
- Walter T. Lamirande, 33 136 Smith St., Apt. 2, Lowell and Erica L. Griffin, 27, 331 Pleasant St., Apt. 1 Hanson, were both arrested on Saturday, Aug. 30 and each was charged with shoplifting by asportation and conspiracy.
- John P. Harrington, 30, 20 Arekalian Drive, Billerica, was arrested on Friday, Aug. 29 and charged with OUL-Liquor )second offense), operating a motor vehicle with the registration revoked and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- Louis Andella, 60, 8 Common St., Stoneham, was arrested on Sunday, Aug. 31 on an outstanding warrant for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday