Selectmen's Notebook: Crystal's Market To Be Sold
Sep 12, 2014 01:44PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Town Hall
Owner Robert Scarano announced he is selling the Main Street market and package store to brothers Shankarbhai Patel of Woburn and Arvind Patel of Lynnfield. The sale is expected to be finalized by the end of the month.
On Tuesday, the Patel brothers and their attorney, along with Scarano, appeared before the Board of Selectmen to request a transfer of the store's liquor license.
According to Arthur Pearlman, the Patel's attorney, the brothers both have experience managing stores of this type and Shankarbhai Patel owns multiple convenience stores in Eastern Mass.
"They have run general stores, package stores. All are run by family members," said Pearlman, adding that Arvind Patel will be onsite daily as manager of Crystal's.
The board unanimously approved the license transfer.
In other business:
- At the recommendation of Treasurer/Collector Kelly Odams, the board approved the redemption of properties at 17 Quail Run and 1029 East Street. In both cases, the town received full payment and the properties were both added back to the receivables register.
- The board voted to reappoint Jamie Doherty as an alternate member of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- The board granted a one-day liquor license to T.J. Callahan's for the Tewksbury Fall Harvest Fair on Sunday, Sept. 14. The restaurant will operate a food and alcohol tent at the fair. Alcohol will be served from noon to 4:30 p.m. Only those 21-over will be allowed into the tent area.
- Volunteers are still being sought for the fair. Those interested should call Cheryl Gay at 781-866-9892.
- The Town Beautification Committee has scheduled a Fall Cleanup Day for Oct. 4. A Spring Cleanup Day has been scheduled for May 16.