School Committee Student Representative Report
Sep 19, 2014 11:38AM
By Grady Cashman
Editor's note: At each school committee meeting, Student Representative Grady Cashman presents a report of the latest happenings at Tewksbury High. We are pleased to publish his reports on Your Tewksbury Today.
Notes from Tewksbury Memorial High School:
- International Club- Carwash last Saturday was a success. Thank you to Jim Boudreau.
- Student Council- Finishing planning Homecoming and spirit week. Going on a field trip to Officer Shop in October where our officers can get ideas from other councils across the state. Ran a meet and greet for all new teachers at the high school on Monday.
- National Honor Society- Had a bake sale at Open House. Tutoring will start on October 7th on Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings in the library. Recycling will start October 8th. Hosting a carwash this Saturday, September 20th at Jim Boudreau’s from 10-1.
- Echo- Scheduled a beach clean up for 9/20. Hosting a blood drive on October 7th.
- Senior Class Council- Senior T-shirts are being ordered. Creating a Senior Class Council website and working on the Homecoming dance which is September 26th
- Tolerance Core/The Gay-Straight Alliance- Preparing for Applefest. Using the month of September to tribute Joan Rivers for being an ally to the LGBT community.
- Freshman Class Council- Holding a Papa Gino’s fundraiser on 9/27 from 4-9 p.m and a carwash at Jim Boudreau’s from 11-1 on October 4th. Elected new officers: President- Felicia Ragucci, Vice President- Justin Rosberg, Secretary- Catherine Butler, Treasurer- Rachel Sessa.
- SADD- Preparing for Applefest and setting up Red Ribbon Week for the end of October.