Police Log: Tewksbury Man Charged With Family Assault, Motorist Punched in Road Rage Incident
Nov 10, 2014 11:42AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
- Ryan G. McAteer, 21, 2 Ryan's Way, Tewksbury, was arrested by Tewksbury Police on Sunday, Nov. 9, at 1:11 a.m. Tewksbury Police made the arrest on behalf of the Saugus Police, who have charged McAteer with assault and battery on a family or household member.
- Rafael Canales, 42, 12 Garnet St., Apt. 5, Lowell, was arrested on Saturday, Nov. 8, and charged with shoplifting in regard to an incident at Wal-Mart.
- Saturday, Nov. 8, 1:55 p.m. -- A woman came into Police Headquarters and said she had just been assaulted in a road rage incident at the intersection of East and Main Streets. The woman claimed another female driver punched her in the face during the incident. Several officers were sent to search the area. The other vehicle was not located. A report was filed and the case remains under investigation.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 4:38 p.m. -- A Marston Road resident came to Police Headquarters and reported that there were hunters in the woods behind her home. She said her husband was out in the woods looking for them. Officers responded to the address, located the hunters and spoke with them.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 1:43 a.m. -- An employee from Dunkin' Donuts at 381 Main Street called police to report they had a small electrical fire but had managed to put it out with an extinguisher.
- Friday, Nov. 7, 6:33 a.m. -- A motor vehicle accident involving two cars was reported on South Street. One car had to be towed and one driver was transported to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus with non-life-threatening injuries.