Police Log: Accident Knocks Out Power, Vandals Smash Windows
Dec 05, 2014 06:32PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
The first incident was called in at 1:11 p.m. The called said he had come out of Walmart around Noon and found that his back window had been smashed in. The man said he had only been in the store about 20 minutes. The man said he would come into the station later in the day and file a report.
Two hours later, just after 3 p.m., Police received a call from a resident on Old Main Street. The caller said someone a thrown a rock through their window. When the caller looked outside, she saw three people in a gray Honda fleeing the scene. She said the car may have had gray primer and had black hub caps. A report of the incident was filed.
Car accident knocks out power
A section of Trull Road was closed for several hours on Friday, Dec. 5 after an SUV crashed into a utility pole, breaking it in two.
The accident took place just before 9 a.m. in the vicinity of Dickson Road and knocked out power to numerous homes in the neighborhood. The driver suffered only minor injuries.
Power was restored around 1 p.m. and the road was re-opened to full traffic by 4 p.m.
- Corey A. Hines, 22, 45 Gerrish Ave., Dracut, was arrested on Thursday, Dec. 4, on a warrant for larceny over $250.
- John O'Brien, 27, 24 Kenmar Drive, Apt. 217, Billerica, was arrested on Wednesday, Dec. 3, on a warrant for driving with a suspended license.
- Thursday, Dec. 4, 8:33 a.m. -- A Foster Road resident called police to report he was having trouble with his 12-year-old son and asked for an officer. Three units were sent to the scene and all parties were spoken to. The bopy went to school with his mother, the father went to work and a report was filed.
- Thursday, Dec. 4, 9:15 a.m. -- A Merrimack Meadows Lane resident called to report that their town-issued trash container had been lost or stolen.
- Thursday, Dec. 4, 11:01 a.m. -- A John Street resident called police to report that someone had tamperred with her lawn Christmas ornaments. An officer responded to the scene and helped the woman place everything back into its proper place.
- Thursday, Dec. 4, 3:43 p.m. -- An assault and battery was reported at Tewksbury Memorial High School. Officer Pratt to handle.
- Wednesday, Dec. 3, 5:01 p.m. -- Dispatch received a call from Super Skills Hockey, 20 Carter Road, for a report of a male who had been injured while playing hockey. There was an emergency medical response to the ice arena and the victim was transported by Ambulance to Winchester Hospital.
- Wednesday, Dec. 3, 1:12 p.m. -- A woman reported that her purse had been stolen from her cart while she was at Walmart. An officer responded to the scene and a report was filed.