Tewksbury Residents, Businesses Give Back During The Holiday Season
Dec 18, 2014 03:55PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
The Contalonis Family recently had a toy drive in memory of Shane Contalonis. Donations were made to the Joseph Middlemiss Big Heart Foundation. The toys will be shared with families in need and also to the Boston Children's Hospital.
Gallery: Tewksbury gives back during the Holiday Season [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
Tewksbury residents have an amazing way of stepping up and helping others when it's needed most. And for many, it is never needed any more than it is during the Holiday Season.
Christmas and Hanukkah bring out the best in Tewksbury residents. Below are listed some of the examples of Tewksbury residents, businesses and organizations stepping up and giving back. Some of these drives are still going on and you still have the chance to participate!
- The Dewing Elementary School is making good on the Season of Giving. Parent volunteer Genia Carroll and the Dewing Dew-Gooders collected items recently for needy members of the Dewing school community as well as for the Department of Children and Families. Kelly Constantino and Liz Muscolino coordinated the recipients, and several helpful “elves” helped sort the items. Nearly a dozen families were helped by the project and will have a brighter holiday season as a result.
- On Friday, Dec. 19, Enterprise Bank is holding an Ugly Sweater Food Drive at their branch at 1120 Main St., Tewksbury. All of the employees will be wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and you get to vote for the ugliest!! How do you vote? By dropping a food donation (canned goods, boxed foods, etc.) in the bag of the employee you think has the ugliest sweater!! All of the food donated will be given to the Tewksbury Community Food Pantry.
- East Celebrity Elite Gymnastics did a gift card fundraiser for families with Medically Complex Children. The effort raised over $1,700 in gift cards.
- The North Street School collected donations for Children Helping Children. Donations were sent to DCF.
- Magic Brush Pottery & Fused Glass is painting bowls for Children's Hospital Boston and Empty Bowls.
- The Tewksbury Fire Department is once again collecting toys for Toys For Local Children. Toys can be dropped off at Tewksbury Fire Stations but they can also be dropped off at Harrow's Chicken Pies, 345 Main Street.
- The Contalonis Family recently had a toy drive in memory of Shane Contalonis. Donations were made to the Joseph Middlemiss Big Heart Foundation. The toys will be shared with families in need and also to the Boston Children's Hospital.
- Knowledge Beginnings Pre-School in Tewksbury is doing a coat drive.
- The Moniz family did a toy drive for Children's Hospital.
- All Elementary Schools in Tewksbury, in conjunction with Anton's Cleaners, are doing a "Coats for Kids" drive.
- The Tewksbury High Girls High School basketball team is fundraising by selling cookie dough.
- Emily's Toy Drive for Boston’s Children’s Hospital and the Jimmy Fund Clinic - Emily started this drive when her sister was in Kindergarten and had to spend the holidays at Children's Hospital battling leukemia. Emily is currently a 6th grader. Emily is asking for donations of new toys, still in their original packaging, gift cards (such as I-Tunes, Best Buy), and Art Supplies, are some of the many items on the patients wish list at Children’s Hospital and the Jimmy Fund this year. Children’s ages range from 0 to 21 years of age and a full list can be forwarded to you via an email request to at email@example.com., there will also be a copy at the drop box locations. Donations can also be sent directly to Boston Children’s Hospital to the attention of Heather Strauch, Patient and Family Resource Room Main 687, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, Ma 02115 or the Jimmy Fund at DFC attention Martha Young 450 Brookline Ave, D 305 Boston, MA 02215-5450. Please support Emily Cashell’s Holiday Toy Drive for Children’s Hospital and The Jimmy Fund Clinic and put some much needed smiles on some Family Faces! Toy donations can be picked up if needed, just call 978-604-9566. This year will be another special Christmas for the Cashell family. Ashley celebrated her six year date of remission on December 9, 2014!
Emily's Toy Drive Drop Of Locations by Town:
700 Boston Rd Ste 17, Billerica, MA. 01821
RE/MAX Real Estate
536 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176
Beauty & Beyond Skin Care
22 Woburn Street, Suite #33, Reading, MA 01867
Corso Insurance Agency
274 Main Street, Stoneham, MA 02180
Anthony's Italian Specialties
408 Main Street, Stoneham, MA. 02180
Michel Coiffeurs Inc.
4 Central St, Stoneham, MA 02180
113 Albion St., Wakefield, MA
The T Stop
983 Main St., Wakefield, MA 01880
The West Side Social Club
4 Harrington Court, Wakefield, MA 01880
RE/MAX Real Estate Office
25 Tuttle St., Wakefield, MA. 01880
Shaws Super Market
134 Water Street, Wakefield, MA
Cardsmart Wilmington Plaza
260 Main St., Wilmington, MA 01887
Byette Insurance Agency, Inc.
853 Main Street (Rte 38) Tewksbury, MA. 01876
The Clubhouse Barber Shop
1269 Main St (Rte 38), Tewksbury, MA. 01876
North Street School collected donations for Children Helping Children. Donations were sent to DCF.
Magic Brush is painting bowls for Children's Hospital Boston and empty Bowls.
Toys for local kids. Tewksbury Fire dept.