Police Log: Tewksbury Man Arrested For B&E, Wal-Mart Reports Computer Theft
Jan 09, 2015 08:30AM, Published by Bill Gilman, Categories: Public Safety
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
Scott Baker, 36, of 8 Shady Hill Lane, Billerica, was arrested on Tuesday, Jan. 6 and charged with breaking and entering in the nighttime with the intent to commit a felony. He was arraigned in Lowell District Court.
According to a police report, Dispatch received a 911 call reporting a possible break-in. at 8 Knollwood Road Two officers were sent to the scene and two more responded to the call. The caller said the suspect had received an eviction notice from the property earlier in the day. The caller also reported that the suspect was in a vehicle heading into Billerica and that he was following it in his own vehicle.
The call was transferred to the Billerica PD so that the caller could provide an update on the location. Billerica PD then pulled the vehicle over and Baker was taken into custody.
- Mary Ellen Cieszynski, 34, 11 Eddy St., Webster, was arrested on Tuesday, Jan. 6 and charged with shoplifting in connection to an incident al Wal-Mart.
- Tuesday, Jan. 6, 8:18 p.m. -- An officer reported being flagged down regarding a shoplifting incident at Wal-Mart. The officer spoke to the loss prevention officer at the store, who reported that a male had just fled the store with two computers. He said the man escaped in a white sedan that had two different license plates. The security officer provided the numbers of both plates. Tewksbury Police put our a BOLO on the white sedan and the license plates with a request for a stop and hold.
- Tuesday, Jan. 6, 5:20 p.m. -- An officer reported a two-car accident at the junction of Route 495 and Route 133. An ambulance was requested but injuries were not specified. Both vehicles were towed from the scene by Penney's.
- Tuesday, Jan. 6, 5:56 p.m. -- A caller reported that his wife just struck a deer on Foster Road, near David Morris Road. An officer was dispatched to the scene and found the deer, severely injured, in front on a home on Foster Road. The officer humanely killed the deer with one shot.
- Wednesday, Jan. 7, 9:36 p.m. -- A caller reports a female walking on Chandler Street yelling, "Help me!" A detective responded to the scene and spoke with the girl. The detective reported the girl had been in an argument with her father. She was given a courtesy transport to Pine Street.
- Wednesday, Jan. 7, 12:03 a.m. -- A female called police headquarters and said she needed to speak to an officer. She said she had just removed her child from the home of the child's father and she wanted to explain why. A few minutes later the woman called back and requested a well-being check on a male on Benson Street. An officer was sent to the residence and spoke to the man there. The officer reported that the man had been asleep but that there were no medical issues.
- Wednesday, Jan. 7, 5:54 a.m. -- A resident of Kent Street called police and reported that a car had struck their mailbox overnight. The caller said the license plate had fallen off the vehicle during the accident. An officer responded to the scene and a report was filed.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday