Police Log: Two Alleged Drunk Drivers Meet At An Intersection With Predictable Results
Jan 12, 2015 05:08PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
Such was the case Sunday morning, when police and ambulance crews responded to a two-car accident at the intersection of Rogers Street and Marston Street.
No one was seriously injured in the crash but after an investigation, both drivers were placed under arrest and a passenger in one of the vehicles was taken into protective custody.
Timothy Heffernan, 28, 86 State St., Tewksbury is charged with OUI-liquor and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. James Richard Callahan, 24, 5309 Archstone Ave., Tewksbury, is charged with OUI-liquor, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, failure to stop/yield and speeding.
- Joseph Gordon, 31, 14 Sunset Ave., Chelmsford, was arrested on Monday, Jan. 12, and charged with OUI-liquor, equipment violations and miscellaneous motor vehicle violations.
- Jeffrey Terrell Joyner, 26, 26 Hillside St. Apt. 3, Lowell, was arrested on Monday, Jan. 12 on an outstanding warrant for motor vehicle theft and an outstanding warrant for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- Brian J. O'Connor, 41, 20F Merrimac Way, Tyngsboro, was arrested on Friday, Jan. 9 and charged with possession of a Class A substance.
- Sunday, Jan. 11, 7:46 p.m. -- The North Reading PD received a call regarding an erratic driver that might be headed toward Tewksbury because that's where the registered owner of the vehicle lived. Tewksbury officers located the car in a driveway on Marston Street but there was no one in the car.
- Sunday, Jan. 11, 11:35 a.m. -- A police officer reported being flagged down at Walmart by a woman who reported her wallet had just been stolen by a man who was known to her. She said the wallet had approximately $140 in cash in it. Several officers were sent to Walmart to search for the man, who was reportedly on foot. No arrests were reported. The woman was given a courtesy transport to Motel 6.
- Saturday, Jan. 10, 3:14 a.m. -- Police received a 911 call from a resident on Amos Street reporting a fight right in front of his home. Three officers were dispatched to the scene, as well as an ambulance because the caller had mentioned that a female might be injured. Those involved had fled the scene before officers arrived. A witness was able to provide the license plate number to a vehicle that fled the scene. A BOLO, requesting a stop and hold, was put out on the vehicle to make sure the female was OK.
- Friday, Jan. 9, 5:23 p.m. -- Officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident at Tewksbury High School. One person was injured and was taken by ambulance to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus. Penney's towed the vehicle.