Police Log: Tractor-Trailer Runs Car Off The Road, Thieves Steal Money, Clothes, X-Box
Jan 19, 2015 04:40PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
According to a police report, Dispatch received a call on Friday, Jan. 16, just before noon, reporting a possible hit and run near the intersection of South Street and Main Street. The officer responding to the scene found a woman who claimed she had been run off the road by an orange tractor trailer.
Witnesses were able to provide the license plate of the 18-wheeler, which was registered out of New Jersey. There was no damage or injuries as a result of the incident.
The truck was located by police and a check of the license of the operator revealed that his license was suspended. The driver, whose name was not released, was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. A licensed operator took possession of the truck.
Even thieves need a decent wardrobe
Dispatch received a call from a woman on Saturday, Jan. 17, at 9:11 a.m. reporting a theft. The woman said she was staying with a man in Room 250 at Motel 6, 95 Main St. She said two friends of the man stole her money, an X-Box and the man's clothes.
The woman told the responding officers that the men fled in a white Volkswago with Pennsylvania license plates.
Officers filed a report.
- Dararith Ok, 29, 16 Catamount Road, Tewksbury, was arrested on Saturday, Jan. 17 and charged with OUI-liquor.
- Courtney A. Mahoney, 24, 100 Corinne Way Apt. 310, Tewksbury, was arrested on Friday, Jan. 16 and charged with breaking and entering in the nighttime with the intent to commit a felony.
- Stephen E. Belsky, II, 30, 1 Kingsbury St., Apt. 2 Worcester, was arrested on Wednesday, Jan. 14 on a warrant for domestic assault and battery.
- Sunday, Jan. 18, 10:46 p.m. -- Lowell Police reported a male party wanted for domestic assault and battery in their city was seen walking along Andover Street in Tewskbury, possibly heading in the direction of Poland Avenue. An officer located the suspect on Trull Road and took him into custody. Lowell Police met Tewksbury officers at the town line and placed the suspect under arrest.
- Sunday, Jan. 18, 4:11 p.m. -- A woman walked into Tewksbury Police Headquarters and requested assistance removing a man from her rental unit on Patrick Road. She told police the man collected guns. Officers responded to the address and provided courtesy transport for a man and a woman to a shelter in Lowell.