Tewksbury High Students Excel At District 5 DECA Competition
Jan 28, 2015 11:40AM
● Published by Bill Gilman
Fourteen Tewksbury High students placed in the Top 7 in their respective categories at the recent Massachusetts DECA District V Conference in Chelmsford, qualifying them to compete in the State DECA Conference in Boston in March.
A total of 675 students representing close to two dozen high schools participated in the District 5 conference.
DECA is a program designed to challenge students to use creative thinking, practical knowledge and communication skills to solve business oriented problems. According to its web site, DECA, "prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe."
The advisor for the Tewksbury High DECA program is Jim Sullivan.
TMHS District V DECA Conference results are as follows:
- Valerie Fischer Accounting Applications - Individual 2nd Place
- Meredith Cahill Marketing Management – Individual 5th Place
- Michelle Creedon Retail Merchandising – Individual 5th Place
- Owen Maceachern Sports & Entertainment – Individual 4th Place
- Ellen Aron & Aria Porzio Business Law & Ethics – Team 4th Place
- Ashley Maiuri & Bethany Murphy Marketing Communications – Team 4th Place
- Jamie Burger & Marina Russo Marketing Communications – Team 6th Place
- Ryan Bednarek & Joe Csokmay Sports & Entertainment – Team 7th Place
- Amanda Brown & Courtney Donovan Community Service Written Project
- Ali Reyes Entrepreneurship Written Project
Tewksbury Quiz Bowl Team – To Be Announced
Additional Top 10 Finishers
- Jackie Taylor Apparel & Accessories Marketing - Individual 8th Place
- Jonathan Verrill Business Services Management - Individual 10th Place
- Ryan Meade & Ryan Petti Business Law & Ethics – Team 10th Place
- Dylan McAteer & Tom McKenna Buying & Merchandising – Team 8th Place
- June Garcia & Rose Souza Buying & Merchandising – Team 9th Place
- Kaley O’Neill & Catherine Ozek Buying & Merchandising – Team 10th Place
- Rachel O’Hare & Emily Richards Marketing Communications – Team 9th Place
- Scott Pastorello & Chelsey Pellegrino Marketing Communications – Team 10th Place
- Jessica Strahan & Taylor Ward Travel & Tourism – Team 8th Place
- Marcos Aguliar & Petros Nacopoulos Travel & Tourism – Team 10th Place