Police Log: Ex-Roomate Has Ax To Grind, Husband Charged With Attempted Murder
Feb 27, 2015 10:12AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
Joseph A. Menchi, 54 French St., was arrested on Sunday. Police received a 911 call from a woman who said her husband had assaulted her. Five units responded to the scene.
Menchi, who suffered a laceration on his hand during the incident, was taken to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus for treatment of his injury before being booked.
Menchi was charged with attempted murder, domestic assault and battery, witness intimidation and strangulation or suffocation.
Dispute between ex-roommates allegedly leads to ax attack
An 18-year-old has been charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon after allegedly attacking his ex-roommate during a confrontation Monday.
Devon J. Sargent, 8 North St., Wilmington, was arrested following the incident, which took place just after 8 p.m. on Chandler Street.
Police received a 911 from a man who said his ex-roommate had stopped by to return some belongings. But the situation escalated and the caller reported that Sargent had come after him with an ax. Five units responded to the scene and the victim said Sargent had fled in a dark colored Honda. Officers quickly located the vehicle and Sargent was placed under arrest.
- Seamus Murphy, 32, 524 North Rover Road, Milford, NH, was arrested Feb. 25 on a fugitive from justice court warrant.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25, 5:53 p.m. -- A 9911 call reported a three-car accident near 922 Whipple Road. A full emergency response was dispatched. Two cars wre towed from the scene and one person was taken by ambulance to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25, 6:01 p.m. -- A caller reports that a boy, who looks approximately four years old, may be being abused somehow by two men parked in a red Dodge outside the McDonald's at 1915 Andover St. The caller said one man kept going in and out of the restaurant to use the Wi-Fi. Eventually, according to the caller, both men went inside with the older of the two men dragging the little boy by the collar. Officers responded to the scene but the men and the child were gone.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25, 8:39 p.m. -- A resident of Leisa G Drive called police to report her both had been sending her threatening text messages. An officer was sent to talk to her and a report was filed.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25, 12:59 p.m. -- A resident of DeCarolis Drive called police and reported that a large chunk of ice had fallen off the roof and had damaged the gas meter on the house. The caller also said after that he could smell a strong odor of gas. An officer and a fire engine were sent to the scene to talk to the resident and investigate. The gas company was notified of the problem.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24, 4:27 p.m. -- Multiple 911 calls reported a car on fire at the McDonald's restaurant, 1915 Andover St. Callers said the car was about 100 feet from the building. Police and fire were sent to the scene. Penny's was called to tow the vehicle once the fire was out.
- Monday, Feb. 23, 6:29 p.m. -- A Livingston Road resident called police and reported that his home had been broken into some time during the day. Two units were dispatched to the scene and three others responded. A report was filed.