Police Log: North Attleborough Man Arrested Following Car Crash
Mar 16, 2015 08:23AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
Police received a 911 call just after midnight Wednesday, reporting the crash at the intersection of Main Street and Rogers Street. Police, fire and ambulance crews responded to the scene and discovered a vehicle driven by James M. Dugan, 32, 935 Mount Hope St., North Attleborough.
Dugan escaped injury in the crash, but that proved to be the highlight of his evening. Following a computer check, Dugan was arrested for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. It was also discovered that he had an outstanding warrant for shoplifting.
- Derek S. Murphy, 25, 16 Kenneth Lane, Tewksbury, was arrested on March 13 and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- Shyem T. Simms, 26, 75 Linden St., Apt. 1, Lowell, was arrested on March 10 and charged with possession of a Class B substance (crack cocaine) with intent to distribute.
- Tuesday, March 10 -- Police received a call regarding a truck accident. The caller said the truck had struck the sign for the 7-Eleven store at 1699 Shawsheen St. and had caused damage. An officer responded to the scene and filed a report.
- Tuesday, March 10, 7:53 p.m. -- Police received a 911 call from the Mobil gas station at 2 Main St., reporting a man had overdosed on heroin. Police, fire and ambulance responded to the scene. The man was taken, by ambulance, to Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus for treatment. A report was filed.
- Tuesday, March 10, 10:34 a.m. -- Police received a call from a man who reported his daughter was being threatened by an unknown person. An officer was sent to the residence and a report was followed. An officer followed up with the family.