Police Log: Crash Sends One To Hospital, Alert Driver Helps Nab Drunk Driver
Apr 27, 2015 03:19PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
The accident, which took place in front of the former Gold's Gym building at 540 Main St., was reported by multiple 911 callers just after 9 p.m.
Police, fire and ambulance crews responded to the scene. Both cars were no totaled and had to be towed from the scene.
One person sustained undisclosed injuries and was taken by ambulance to Lahey Clinic in Burlington for treatment.
No criminal complaints were issued in connection with the accident.
Alert motorist helps nab alleged drunk driver
On Saturday, at 9:40 p.m., a driver called police to report he was traveling behind an erratic driver on Route 38. Three units responded to the area and the car was pulled over on Livingston Street, near Eagle Drive for a marked lanes violation.
After a brief investigation, the driver was placed under arrest. Carlos M. Santos, 46, 24 Sheridan Lane, Tewksbury, was charged with OUI-liquor (2nd offense), negligent operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation.
- Mark D. Gillette, 35, homeless, was arrested on April 26 and charged with shoplifting.
- Ryan D. Barnes, 29, 393 Pleasant St., Dunstable, was arrested April 26 and charged with shoplifting.
- Walter T. Lamirande, 33, 136 Smith St., Apt. 2, Lowell, was arrested April 25 on two outstanding warrants, both for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- Sunday, April 26, 11:55 a.m. -- Police received a call from an employee at Tedeschi's, 2280 Main St. The caller reported that a woman had spent about an hour in their bathroom and they believed she had been doing drugs. The woman then fled the scene. Officers responded to the scene but the woman was gone on arrival. The license plate of the car she was in came back to a Billerica resident.
- Saturday, April 25, 6:01 p.m. -- A caller told police that a young child was riding on the front of a motorcycle that was traveling near the intersection of Bay State Road and Temple Street. An officer was dispatched to the scene butthe motorcycle was gone on arrival.
- Saturday, April 25, 8:17 p.m. -- A caller from Motel 6 reported that they were being threatened. Two officers responded to the scene and spoke to the caller. A report was filed.
- Saturday, April 25, 9:29 a.m. -- An employee of Home Depot, 85 Main St., called police and reported he was with an employee of the store who had just been caught stealing. Two officers and the K-9 unit responded to the scene. Information was taken and a report was filed.