Police Log: State Police Rescue Drowning Man, Home Broken Into Over Vacation
May 05, 2015 08:42AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
Just after 9 a.m., Tewksbury Dispatched received a call from the Lowell PD, who said they had received a 911 call reporting a man in the Merrimack River screaming for help. Tewksbury borders the river in the area of the Trull Brook Golf Course and River Road.
Lowell Police was requesting additional rescue boats to assist, as it appeared the man was in the water near Tewksbury, drifting toward Dracut. Tewksbury sent two police officers, as well as fire and rescue crews to the scene to assist.
The man was successfully rescued when he was pulled into a State Police boat and brought to shore. The victim was taken to Lowell General Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
- Kimberly A. Hubbard, 35, was arrested Monday, May 4, and charged with larceny by check, possession of a Class A drug and shoplifting.
- Bamiekole Savage, 40, 230 Gorham St. Apt. 17, Lowell, was arrested Monday, May 4 on a warrant for assault and battery.
- Annie M. Kanna 30, 52 Lawrence Drive, Apt. 22, Lowell, was arrested on Saturday, May 2 and charged with shoplifting.
- James A. Clifford, 60, homeless, was arrested Friday, May 1, on a warrant of apprehension.
- Sunday, May 3, 4:38 p.m. -- A Frasier Lane resident called 911 to report that he had just returned from vacation to find his home had been broken into. Two officers were sent to the address. A report was filed.
- Thursday, April 30, 7:31 p.m. -- A caller reported an abandoned vehicle on Farwood Road. A check of the license plate generated a hit on the NCIC data base and the car had been reported stolen out of Lowell. Four units responded to the scene and a report was filed.
- Thursday, April 30, 9:13 p.m. -- A Merrimack Meadows Lane resident called police to report a suspicious male just came out of the woods behind her house and approached her daughter. Four officers were sent to the address but the man was gone by the time they arrived and could not be located.
- Monday, May 4, 1:40 a.m. -- A woman called police to report she was being threatened by her ex-boyfriend. Three units were sent to her address. She was brought back to the Police Station to fill out a statement form.
- Monday, May 4, 2:55 p.m. -- A single car accident with possible injuries was discovered and reported by an off duty Billerica Police Officer near 1164 Livingston St. A full emergency response was sent to the scene. The car had to be towed from the scene but the driver refused to be taken to the hospital.
- Sunday, May 3, 6:52 p.m. -- A Deering Drive resident called 911 to report an intoxicated man in her backyard sitting on a rock. Three officers and a State Police Trooper in the area responded to the scene. The man told officers he was attending a party at a neighbor's house. The man was told not to go wandering around in other people's yards.
- Sunday, May 3, 1:10 p.m. -- A resident of 3 Memorial Drive called 911 to report a backyard brush fire that had gotten out of control. The caller reported his shrubs and fence were now on fire. Tewksbury firefighters responded to the scene and quickly knocked down the fire.