Police Log: Liquor Store Robbed, More Cars Broken Into, Motorists Injured
May 23, 2015 02:47PM
● By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
What was first thought top be a hold-up turned out to be a carefully planned case of shoplifting at a local liquor store.
On Thursday, May 21, Tewksbury Police were notified of a hold-up alarm at Main Street Liquors, 391 Main St. A 911 call followed shortly, with the caller reporting that a man had just fled the store, having stolen two very expensive bottles of liquor.
The caller described the suspect as being a white male, wearing a black hoodie. The caller said the suspect had parked across the street and when he fled the store he ran to his car, a small sedan, and drove south on Main Street.
Officers responded to the scene to investigate and filed a report.
Northgate Road, North Street hit by vehicle break-ins
A pair of homeowners along Northgate Road were victimized by vehicle break-ins last week.
Both of the incidents took place sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Items were stolen from both vehicles, which were parked in driveways at 100 and 110 Northgate Road. The cases are being investigated by Tewksbury Detectives.
A third resident reported a vehicle break-in at 549 North Street, also some time between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Again, items were stolen from the vehicle. It is also being investigated by detectives.
- Matthew Vaillette, 27, 43 Old Railroad Road, Brookline, NH, was arrested on May 21 and charged with possession of a Class B substance with the intent to distribute.
- Michael Smith, 40, 158 Concord Road, Billerica, was arrested Wednesday and charged with operating a motor vehicle after his license was revoked and speeding.
- Thursday, May 21, 5:05 p.m. -- A Caller reports there is a hydro-seeding truck hooked up to a fire hydrant on Washington Street near Court Street. An officer was dispatched to the scene and a report was filed.
- Thursday, May 21, 5:25 p.m. -- A caller reports there is an injured groundhog in the middle of one of the fields at the Frasca Fields soccer complex off North Street. The caller said the animal is getting aggressive as anyone approaches. An officer was sent to the field and reported they were able to get the animal off to the side of the field.
- Thursday, May 21, 12 a.m. -- Police and an ambulance crew responded to a home on Sandy Lane for a report of a drug overdose. The victim ,a 22-year-old male, was taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus. A report was filed.
- Wednesday, May 20, 7:02 p.m. -- Emergency screws responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident near 1215 Main St. One victim was taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.
- Wednesday, May 20, 10:42 a.m. -- Emergency crews responded to a report of an accident involving a motorcycle at the intersection of Kendall Road and North Street. The motorcylce was towed by Penney's and one victim was taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.
- Tuesday, May 19, 9:13 a.m. -- A man walked into Police Headquarters and reported someone had stolen his motorcycle. An officer took down the information and field a report and the motorcycle was entered into the CJIS database.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday