Police Log: BB Gun Assault Sends Teen To The Hospital, Woman Robbed At Motel
Jul 02, 2015 12:53PM
By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
- Justina Whitmere, 26, 42 Washington St., Peabody, was arrested on June 28 on an outstanding warrant for assault and battery on a family member.
- Jennifer A. Cherubino, 24, 58 DeCarolis Drive, Tewksbury, was arrested June 27 and charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
- Monday, June 29, 7:40 p.m. -- Dispatch received a 911 call from the mother of a 15-year-old, who had just taken a BB to the chest on the grounds of Tewksbury High School. Police and medical crews responded to the scene. The victim didn't lose consciousness but was sweating profusely and was breathing heavily. The victim was taken by ambulance to Winchester Hospital for treatment. A report was filed but no charges have been filed in connection with the incident.
- Wednesday, July 1, 10:05 a.m. -- Police recieved a call from a Barbara D Lane resident, who reported his wife had been shot at by a BB gun while in her home the night before. No injuries were reported. An officer responded to the scene and a report was filed.
- Wednesday, July 1, 1:25 p.m. -- A person walked into Police Headquarters and wanted to talk to a detective about an assault that had taken place at Tewksbury State Hospital. A detective came in and spoke to the person and a report was filed.
- Wednesday, July 1, 3:12 p.m. -- A 911 call reported a hit and run accident. The caller said that after the accident the suspect fled and the caller followed them into the parking lot at Walmart. The caller was able to provide the make, model and license plate of the car. Two officers were sent to meet the caller in the Walmart parking lot. In the meantime, the suspect showed up in the lobby of Police Headquarters to report the accident. She said she had left the scene because she was nervous but now wanted to report it. The original caller was told to come in to Police Headquarters. They did and accident paperwork was exchanged.
- Wednesday, July 1, 1:04 a.m. -- A 911 caller staying at Motel 6 reported that a man had just come into her motel room, threatened her with a knife and robbed her. She provided police with a description of the man. A detective responded to the scene and a State Police K-9 unit responded. The suspect was not immediately located. A report was filed.
- Wednesday, July 1, 2:31 a.m. -- Emergency crews responded to a home on Independence Avenue for a report of a 43-year-old woman who had overdosed on pills. The patient was taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus.
- Tuesday, June 30, 4:15 p.m. -- A 911 caller reported his 37-year-old daughter had just overdosed on prescription medications. An ambulance took the patient to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.
- Tuesday, June 30, 4:23 p.m. -- A South Street resident called to report their flag pole had been damaged some time over the weekend and their American Flag had been stolen. An officer responded to the scene and a report was filed.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday