Police Log: Hospital Employees Assaulted, Billerica Man Arrested After Crash
Jul 15, 2015 12:32PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
Emergency crews responded to a single-car motor vehicle accident on Whipple Road near Patten Road, just before 10 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle, Matthew F. Giordano, of 6 Lilac Road, Billerica, was arrested and charged with operating under the influence - drugs, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, possession of a Class B drug, possession of a Class C drug, and marked lanes violation. Giordano was also taken to LGH Saints Campus for treatment of injuries.
- Christopher Carrigg, 19, 574 Chandler St., Tewksbury, was arrested Sunday, July 12 and charged with domestic assault and battery, malicious destruction of property and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- Tiffany Lee Lewis, 33, 6 Lincoln St., 1st Floor, Haverhill, was arrested July 10 and charged with shoplifting in excess of $100.
- April H. Devaney, 32, 42 Portland St., 1st Floor, Haverhill, was arrested July 10 and charged with shoplifting.
- Colleen L. Francioso, 24, 40 Hamilton Ave., Billerica, was arrested July 10 on a fugitive from justice warrant.
- Saturday, July 11 -- Police received a call from a resident of Judique Road resident, reporting two dirt bikes operating illegally nearby. On officer was sent to the location, however, by the time her arrived, Environmental Police were already on the scene dealing with the situation.
- Saturday, July 11, 10:24 p.m. -- Emergency crews responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on North Billerica Road. The accident involved a motorcycle that had hit a stump. A rider on the motorcycle sustained a broken femur and was taken by ambulance to Lowell Generall Hospital for treatment.
- Friday, July 10, 5:57 a.m. -- An employee from one of the businesses located at 120 Lumber Lane called police and reported that the business had been broken into sometime overnight. An officer was sent to the scene and a report was filed.,
- Thursday, July 9, 8:58 a.m. -- Police received a 911 call from Tewksbury State Hospital regarding an assault on a staff member. Officers responded to the scene and discovered a second employee had also been assaulted. Both victims were taken to LGH Saints Campus for treatment for their injuries. A report was filed.