Skip to main content

Your Tewksbury Today

Police Log: Officers Use TASER On Assault Suspect, Cracker Barrel Reports Odd Theft

Jul 21, 2015 06:26AM ● By Bill Gilman

Tewksbury Police Department.

A suspect wanted in connection with assault charges proved to be every bit as dangerous as anticipated, when he allegedly attacked officers trying to make the arrest.
Scott D. Robbins, 50, 1225 Pawtucket St., Blvd., Lowell, is facing multiple charges after officers were forced to use a TASER to subdue him during the incident, which took place on Saturday, July 18, at the Motel 6 on Main Street.
According to a TPD report, officers arrived at the motel just after 10:30 p.m. to arrest Robbins on outstanding warrants for domestic assault and battery and assault and battery.
However, according to the report, Robbins did not surrender peacefully. In the midst of the struggle, one officer discharged his TASER, taking down Robbins so that the arrest could be made.
Officers called for an ambulance and Robbins was taken to LGH Saints Campus to be treated for minor injuries.
In addition to the two outstanding warrants, Robbins has also been charged with assault and battery on a police officer and resisting arrest.

Additional Arrests:
  • Lisa J. Porter, 48, 1386 Gorham St., 2nd floor, Lowell, was arrested July 19 and charged with shoplifting.
  • Keith J. Carrigan, 43, 807 Shawsheen St., Tewksbury, was arrested July 18 on two outstanding warrants for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
  • George A. Cole, 20, 72 Allen Road, Tewksbury, was arrested July 18 and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and speeding in a special restriction zone, as well as for a previous warrant for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.

Additional Calls:
  • Thursday, July 16, 10 a.m. -- The manager of the Cracker Barrel, 1395 Andover St., called police to report a suspicious act. The manager reported that the plumbing had been stolen from one of the restaurant's bathrooms. Two officers were sent to the scene to investigate and a report was filed.
  • Monday, July 20, 2:47 a.m. -- An employee of the Fairfield Inn called police and reported two young men, both wearing tee shirts and shorts, had just tried to steal money from a hotel vending machine. She said when she made eye contact with the suspects, they fled out the side door and escaped in an older black Saab. Officers responded to the scene but the suspects had left the area.
  • Sunday, July 19, 4:20 p.m. -- A Foster Road resident called police to ask for help with her cat. She said the cat was stuck in her neighbor's yard but she was afraid to knock on the neighbor's door for help because the neighbor was "nasty." She wanted an officer to do it. An officer responded to the scene and reported to dispatch that the cat had been returned to its own yard.
  • Thursday, July 16, 10:28 a.m. -- Police received a 911 call from an employee at the Shell Station, 1220 Main St., reporting that a young man wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants had just fled the store after stealing some tobacco products. The caller said the thief fled on foot across the street, between some houses. Three officers responded to the scene and located the suspect. A no-trespass order was issued to the suspect.
  • Thursday, July 16, 11:04 a.m. -- A Cardigan Road resident called police and reported that a person she knows had just crashed into her car in her driveway. Two officers responded to the scene and issued a no-trespass order to the suspect.


Follow us on Facebook at Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday