Police Log: Livingston Street Crash Sends Driver To Hospital, Would-Be Home Renter Scammed
Aug 05, 2015 12:46PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
A driver was hospitalized after crashing his car into a utility pole on Livingston Street, Tuesday morning. Photo by Rich MacDonald.
According to a Tewksbury Police report, Dispatch received a 911 call at 10:28 a.m. reporting the crash in front of 1180 Livingston St. The driver was taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.
The crash destroyed the pole, which came crashing down across the street. National Grid was notified and a report was filed.
Would-be renters scammed with Craig's List ad
A woman and her boyfriend learned a very valuable and expensive lesson, after falling victim to an elaborate Craig's list scam last week.
According to Tewksbury Police, a woman called Police Headquarters on Friday, July 31 and said she suspected she had been scammed. The woman told police she had responded to a Craig's List ad for a home for rent at 151 Foster Road, Tewksbury. She contacted the person who placed the ad and she and her boyfriend met the man at the property.
Once there, the man claimed to have forgotten the keys to the home and told the couple to look in the windows to take a look at it. They did and agreed to rent the home. They then sent the man money for a deposit and one month's rent via Moneygram.
After not hearing back from the man, the couple began to suspect a scam and called police. A Dispatcher made contact with the real owner of the home, who said it was not being rented. Rather, he had just sold the home and was closing the deal in the middle of August.
The woman agreed to come into the Police Station and file an official report.
- Daniel Robert Martel, 20, 1390 Main St., Tewksbury, was arrested on July 30 and charged with three counts of larceny over $250 and two counts of larceny under $250.
- Nicholas R. Gallinaro, 23, 99 Marshall St., Billerica, was arrested on Aug. 3 on an outstanding for conspiracy to violate the state drug laws.
- Kirk Proctor, 23, 221 Shorline Drive, Tewksbury, was arrested on Aug. 3 on four outstanding warrants for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, assault with a dangerous weapon, larceny under $250 and driving an unregistered motor vehicle.
- Tyrell J. Rivera, 23, 189 Middlesex St., Lowell, was arrested Aug. 1 on an outstanding warrant for violating a restraining order.
- Saturday, Aug. 1, 9:43 p.m. -- Two detectives report finding a baby cockroach on the floor of the Detectives' Room, creeping toward the shredder.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4, 3:55 p.m. -- A woman walked into Police Headquarters and reported her boyfriend's home on Foster Road had been broken into overnight and her jewelry was missing. An officer spoke with the woman and a report was filed.
- Monday, Aug. 3, 8:29 p.m. -- A woman walked into Police Headquarters with her grandson and wanted to speak to an officer about ongoing problems she was having with that grandson. An officer spoke with them and a report was filed.
- Monday, Aug. 3, 9:33 p.m. -- A man called police to report a two-car accident outside 118 Beech St. Officers responding to the scene reported that a parked car and a mailbox had also been damaged. One person was injured and taken by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus for treatment. The two cars were towed by Penney's and a report was filed.
- Sunday, Aug. 2, 3:21 a.m. -- A Mount Joy Drive resident called police to report that his car had just been egged. Two officers responded to the scene and reported three vehicles in the neighborhood had been egged. A report was filed.
- Saturday, Aug. 1, 8:59 p.m. -- A woman walked into police headquarters and wanted to talk to an officer about her boyfriend hitting her. An officer spoke to the woman and a report was filed.