Police Log: Alleged Drunk Driver Hits Police Cruiser, Elderly Couple Pilfers Plants
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
According to Tewksbury Police, the officer, whose name has not been revealed, had pulled over a vehicle on Main Street and was dealing with that situation, when his cruiser was struck by a vehicle driven by David Morris, 20, 32 Ward St., Tewksbury.
The officer called for backup and let the original driver leave. Morris allegedly tried to leave the scene but was stopped.
During a brief investigation, the officer smelled alcohol on Morris' breath and noticed an open container of alcohol in the car.
Morris was arrested and charged with OUI-liquor, not having a license in possession, having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle while driving, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, marked lanes violation, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and willfully obstructing an emergency vehicle.
- Julian O'Neill Grullon, 22, 15 Chapel Ave., Lowell, was arrested on Monday, Aug. 10, and charged with shoplifting over $250 after an incident at Home Depot.
- Sharon Proctor, 41, 221 Shorelin Drive, Tewksbury, was arrested on Aug. 9 on outstanding warrants for assault and battery and breaking and entering in the daytime with intent to commit a felony.
- Mankone T. Ketsith, 27, 407 Walker St., Lowell, was arrested on Aug. 8 and charged with OUI-liquor.
- James M. Theos, 32, 36 Lyman St. #731, Lynn, was arrested Aug. 7 and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and a lights violation.
- Timothy P. Buckley, 51, 63 Lake St., 2nd Floor, Tewksbury, was arrested Aug. 7 and charged with OUI-liquor (3rd offense).
- Monday, Aug. 10, 1:28 p.m. -- An Algonquin Drive resident called police and reported that someone who had stolen her mailbox, which had been cemented into the ground. An officer responded to the scene and was able to locate the mailbox along the side of the house. A port was filed for malicious destruction of property.
- Sunday, Aug. 9, 5:12 p.m. -- A Mahoney's Garden Center employee called police and reported that an elderly couple had driven off without paying for some plants. Their car was described as a white Dodge, possibly a Nitro. The caller said the car was headed north on Main Street. A report was filed.
- Friday, Aug. 7, 7:02 a.m. -- A full emergency response was called to the northbound lane of Route 495, for a three-car accident just before Exit 39. One person was injured in the crash and was taken to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 -- Police and emergency crews were called to the intersection of Salem Street and South Street for a two-car accident. Two people were injured and were taken to LGH Saints Campus for treatment. Penney's towed both vehicles.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday