Police Log: One Person Injured When Driver Slams Into Bank
Sep 16, 2015 03:19AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Boards cover the damage done by a driver who slammed into the wall at the Lowell 5 Savings Bank.
According to Tewksbury Police, the accident took place around 1:45 p.m. A 911 call from a person inside the bank prompted a full emergency response.
According to a Tewksbury Fire Department spokesperson, one person inside the bank was injured as a result of the crash and was transported by ambulance to LGH Saints Campus for treatment. The identity of the victim was not released, nor was it revealed if the victim was a bank employee or a customer.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured. No charges were filed, though it was not immediately clear if any citations were issued.
The damage caused by the crash has been boarded up and the bank is scheduled to be open, as usual, on Wednesday.
- Jason A. Stanichuk, 40, 2 Woodland Drive, Tewksbury, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 15 and charged with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- James M. Manningham, 52, 208 Carleton St., Lawrence, was arrested Monday, Sept. 14 and charged with being a disorderly person.
- Sunday, Sept. 13, 10:12 a.m. -- A Mystic Avenue resident called police and reported someone had stolen their car stereo from out of their vehicle at some point overnight. An officer was sent to the scene and a report was filed.
- Monday, Sept. 14, 5:17 p.m. -- A resident called police and reported the home at 300 Trull Road had been broken into. Three officers were sent to the scene to investigate. A detective filed a report and it remains under investigation.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, 11:23 a.m. -- A woman came into Police Headquarters and reported her car had just been hit at Oakdale Mall. An officer spoke with the woman and a report was filed.