Cooties Party, Red Hat Halloween And More This Month At The Senior Center
Oct 08, 2015 07:08AM
By Ashley Springman
Tickets are now available for the following trips:
Nov. 4, 2015 Flag Hill Farm Winery in Lee, NH $37 per person
Dec 5, 2015 Elf @ Wang Theater, Boston $75 per person
- A Fit for All class is being held on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 5:00-6:00PM. Class includes cardio, stretching, strength training, yoga and ends with meditation so that you can go home relaxed and get a good night’s sleep. The cost is $3 per class, cash or check. Participants must bring their own yoga mats.
- The men’s group will be meeting on Thursday October 8th at 9AM at the Senior Center. All men 60+ are welcome.
- Tickets for the next Foxwoods trip will go on sale on Tuesday October 13th at 8:15AM. The trip will be on Wednesday November 4th. The cost of this trip is $35 per person, which includes motor coach transportation, a casino package and the driver gratuity.
- The MS Support Group will hold its monthly meeting on Monday, October 19th at 10:00 AM. This group is open the public.
- Oil painting classes with instructor, Barbara Antinoro have been cancelled. Hopefully Barbara will be available to do a Spring Class in 2016. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The GAC will hold its monthly meeting on October 13th at 12:00 PM. GAC bingo will begin after the meeting.
- The Council on Aging Board will hold its regular monthly meeting Wednesday, October 14th at 12:30 PM in the conference room. All residents of Tewksbury are welcome to attend.
- The next foot care clinic will be held on Thursday, October 15th. Call Jan at 978-640-4482 to schedule an appointment. The cost is $30 and is payable directly to Catherine Languedoc of Simply Foot Care.
- A Senior Center Cootie Party will be held on Monday, October 19th, starting at 12:30 PM. This is a fun game day and everyone is invited to attend. Don't know how to play...come on down and we'll teach you.
- The Red Hat Halloween Party will be held on October 21st at 6:00 PM. There will be a costume contest, soup and sandwich buffet and entertainment. The cost is $15 per Belle.
- The Friends of the Elderly will hold an Activities meeting on Friday October 23rd at 10AM. The public is welcome.
- There will be a Cribbage Tournament on Saturday, October 24, 2015. The tournament will start at 12:00 noon sharp. There will be 9 games and there will be a break for refreshments. Pre-registration is appreciated. The cost to participate is $20 (cash only) and all are welcome.
- The Friends of the Elderly will hold its annual Halloween Dance on October 30th at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $10pp and the costume contest will be at 7:15 PM.
- DJ Jon Mansfield will be back to the Senior Center for an afternoon dance on Monday, October 26, 2015. Those who obtain a ticket by October 21st will have lunch made by the chefs at Peregrine’s Landing included in the $6 ticket price what a treat!
- Flower arrangement classes to make Christmas decor will be starting up again with Celene on October 16th. There are two classes that will run back to back on Fridays. If you would like to sign up for a spot call Jan at the Senior Center.
- We are currently without a SHINE (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) volunteer. For assistance please contact the regional SHINE office at 978-946-1374.
- We will be holding a Mini SHINE Fair on Friday November 6th, from 10:00AM- 2:00PM. Stop by and learn the ins and outs of Medicare just in time for Open Enrollment 2016.
- On Friday November 13th, starting at 9:00 AM, we are hosting “Operation Clean Sweep”, a day of falling cleaning and a chance to take pride in our center. Lunch will be provided to all those that attend.
Store Hours: Upscale Consignment Shoppe Monday – Thursday 11:00 AM -3:00 PM
Friday 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Gift Shop Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM