Cribbage Tournament, Foxwoods Trip And Halloween Dance At TSC
Oct 22, 2015 10:49AM
By Bill Gilman
Tickets are now available for the following trips:
Nov. 4, 2015 Flag Hill Farm Lee NH $37 per person Winery
Dec 5, 2015 Elf @ Wang Center $75 per person
- We have an evening class, “Fit for All”, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5PM to 6PM.. Classes include cardio, stretching, strength training, yoga and ends with meditation so that you can go home relaxed and get a good night’s sleep. The cost is $3 per class, cash or check. Participants must bring their own yoga mats.
- The men’s group will be meeting on Thursday October 22nd at 9AM at the Senior Center. All men 60+ are welcome.
- Tickets for the next Foxwoods trip are on sale now. The trip will be on Wednesday November 4th The cost of this trip is $35 per person, which includes motor coach transportation, a casino package and the driver gratuity.
- The Friends of the Elderly Activities meeting on Friday October 23rd at 10AM has been cancelled
- There will be a Cribbage Tournament on Saturday, October 24, 2015. The tournament will start at 12:00 noon sharp. There will be 9 games and there will be a break for refreshments. Pre-registration is appreciated. The cost to participate is $20 (cash only) and all are welcome.
- The Friends of the Elderly will hold its annual Halloween Dance on October 30th at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $10pp and the costume contest will be at 7:15 PM.
- DJ Jon Mansfield will be back to the Senior Center for an afternoon dance on Monday, October 26, 2015. Those who obtain a ticket by October 21st will have lunch made by the chefs at Peregrine’s Landing included in the $6 ticket price what a treat!
- The Council on Aging is now assisting Tewksbury Senior Citizen residents with Fuel Assistance applications. Seniors may call Jan at 978-640-4482 to arrange an appointment . Some of the household income eligibility guidelines for fuel assistance are as follows: 1 person $32,618; 2 people $42,654, 3 people $52,691; 4 people $62,727. Information on larger families and the eligible incomes is posted at the Senior Center and is also available from CTI. Younger families may call Community Teamwork (CTI) at 978-459-6161 for information on how and where to apply.
- We will be having a Medicare Information Fair on Friday, November 6th from 10AM to 2PM. There will be two presentations at 10AM and 1PM and a limited number of one on one appointments are available. Contact Jan at 978-640-4482 to schedule an appointment. There are also some appointments available for the open enrollment period. You can contact Jan to schedule one of those appointments.
- We are organizing a fall cleanup of the Senior Center. We are calling all Volunteers to help. If you need community service hours for school or if you are a Senior that would like to help clean up the Center contact Jan at 978-640-4482 to sign up.
- The next foot care clinic will be held on Thursday, November 19th. Call Jan at 978-640-4482 to schedule an appointment. The cost is $30 and is payable directly to Catherine Languedoc of Simply Foot Care.
Store Hours: Upscale Consignment Shoppe Monday – Thursday 11:00 AM -3:00 PM
Friday 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Gift Shop Monday – Friday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Summer hours are still on.
For SHINE (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) contact the regional office at 978-946-1374 or come to our SHINE Fair on November 6th.