Police Log: Officers Chase Down Shoplifting Suspect, One Person Injured In Car Accident
Oct 23, 2015 11:14AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
Multiple officers responded to the scene. A witness reported the suspect's vehicle fled up Trull Road from Main Street.
An officer stopped the vehicle on Andover Street at the end of Trull Road.
A passenger in the vehicle was identified as the alleged shoplifter. Robert I Baker, III, 28, 18 Depot St., Westford, was arrested and charged with shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
The driver of the vehicle was also arrested. Michael W. Lydston, 27, 17 Sycamore Terrace, Apt. 2, Somerville, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
A female passenger in the car was not arrested but was given courtesy transport to Whipple Road.
- John P. Lombard, 35, 155 Merrimack Meadows Lane, Tewksbury, was arrested on Oct. 19 on a warrant for larceny over $250.
- Richard T. Underwood, 28, 45 Butman Road, Lowell, was arrested Oct. 18 on a warrant for concealing his license plate number and a warrant for driving with suspended registration.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 8:35 a.m. -- A person turned in a wallet found outside Jade East. Natick Police were notified, as that is where the owner of the wallet lives. The owner of the wallet called TPD Headquarters to claim the wallet and said they would be by to pick it up.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 10:56 a.m. -- Police received a call from the owner of 2Bellaz Closet, 1875 Main St., reporting malicious destruction to her business. An officer was sent to speak to the owner. An officer will be investigating the incident. A report was filed.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 12:20 p.m. -- A Chandler Street resident walked into TPD Headquarters and reported that her identity had been stolen. An officer came into the station to talk to the person. A report was filed.
- Sunday, Oct. 18, 12:59 a.m. -- Emergency personnel responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident near 875 South St. One person was injured in the accident and was taken to LGH Saints Campus for treatment.