Senior Center To Host Medicare Information Fair
Nov 03, 2015 10:43AM ● Published by Ashley Springman
Tickets are now available for the following trips:
Nov. 4, 2015 Flag Hill Farm Lee NH $37 per person Winery
Dec 5, 2015 Elf @ Wang Center $75 per person
- There will be no trips scheduled for January or February, our cold winter months. Keep checking back to see what we have planned for March.
- We have an evening class, “Fit for All”, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5PM to 6PM.. Classes include cardio, stretching, strength training, yoga and ends with meditation so that you can go home relaxed and get a good night’s sleep. The cost is $3 per class, cash or check. Participants must bring their own yoga mats.
- Tickets are available for the Elks Thanksgiving Dinner, taking place on November 12th, at 5PM. This event is for TEWKSBURY SENIORS ONLY. There will be a bus provided there is enough interest. Please see Jan to reserve your seat. Couples may pick up 4 tickets and individuals may pick up 2 tickets.
- Tickets for the next Foxwoods trip are on sale now. The trip will be on Wednesday November 4th The cost of this trip is $35 per person, which includes motor coach transportation, a casino package and the driver gratuity.
- The Council on Aging is now assisting Tewksbury Senior Citizen residents with Fuel Assistance applications. Seniors may call Jan at 978-640-4482 to arrange an appointment . Some of the household income eligibility guidelines for fuel assistance are as follows: 1 person $32,618; 2 people $42,654, 3 people $52,691; 4 people $62,727. Information on larger families and the eligible incomes is posted at the Senior Center and is also available from CTI. Younger families may call Community Teamwork (CTI) at 978-459-6161 for information on how and where to apply.
- The Upscale Consignment Boutique will hold its “Intake of Items Day” on Monday, November 2nd, 2015 from 2- 6 PM. The Boutique is open during intake and is a good time to shop and you just never know what you will find. New consignors are always welcome!
- We will be having a Medicare Information Fair on Friday, November 6th from 10AM to 2PM. There will be two presentations at 10AM and 1PM, insurance vendors and a limited number of one on one appointments are available. Contact Jan at 978-640-4482 to schedule an appointment. There are also some appointments available for the open enrollment period. If you cannot attend the fair on the 6th there are appointments available through open enrollment. You can contact Jan to schedule any of these appointments.
- We are organizing a fall cleanup of the Senior Center. We are calling all Volunteers to help. If you need community service hours for school or if you are a Senior that would like to help clean up the Center contact Jan at 978-640-4482 to sign up.
- The next foot care clinic will be held on Thursday, November 19th. Call Jan at 978-640-4482 to schedule an appointment. The cost is $30 and is payable directly to Catherine Languedoc of Simply Foot Care.
- The Silverstone’s will hold its next monthly dance at the Senior Center on Friday, November 20st beginning at 7:00 PM. Tickets are available at the door at $10 per person. Why not come on down and listen to the great big sounds of our in-house band.
- DJ Jon Mansfield will be back to the Senior Center for an afternoon dance on Monday, November 30, 2015. Those who obtain a ticket by November 25th will have lunch made by the chefs at Peregrine’s Landing included in the $6 ticket price what a treat!
- The Friends of the Elderly will hold their annual Christmas Dinner On Friday, Dec. 4th @ 6:00 PM. Tickets are $15.00 purchased ahead of time. The event is Catered by the Village Inn and Music will be provided by the Perfect Match Band. Tickets are available now.
- Friends of the Elderly will hold their annual New Years Eve dinner dance on Thurs Dec. 31st @ 7:00 PM. The theme for the evening is “The Roaring 20’s)”. The cost is $50 per person with a buffet dinner catered by the Village Inn and Music by the Perfect Match Band. Tickets are available now.
Store Hours: Upscale Consignment Shoppe Monday – Thursday 11:00 AM -3:00 PM
Friday 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Gift Shop Monday – Friday 9:00AM – 3:00 PM
For SHINE (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) contact the regional office at 978-946-1374 or come to our SHINE Fair on November 6th.