Skip to main content

Your Tewksbury Today

Stoneham Man Charged With Raping Whipple Road Woman

Dec 05, 2015 09:43PM ● By Bill Gilman

Tewksbury Police Department.

A Stoneham man is being held without bail, accused of forcing his way into the home of a Whipple Road woman and sexually assaulting her last week
William J. Holcombe Jr., 37, was arrested after an early morning 911 call by the alleged victim on Nov. 26. He arraigned Thursday in Lowell District Court, charged with breaking and entering in the nighttime, domestic assault and battery, rape, indecent assault and battery on a person over 14, kidnapping, and witness intimidation, according to an article published in The Lowell Sun.
According to the article, the victim told investigators Holcombe was her "on again/off again boyfriend." She said the pair had met up the night of Nov. 25 at a Stoneham bar, had a few drinks and then each left the bar separately.
According to the woman, Holcombe knocked at her door, uninvited, at 3 a.m. the morning of Nov. 26. He allegedly forced his way into the apartment and then assaulted her.
Holcombe, however, tells a different story. At a dangerousness hearing Dec. 3 in Lowell District Court, Holcombe's attorney said his client argues that not only was he invited to the woman's home on Whipple Road, but that she was, in fact, the sexual aggressor, according the Lowell Sun article.
But there is a twist in the story.
At some point during the incident, Holcombe was struck on the head by some type of glass object and sustained a six-inch gash. When officers responded to the 911 call, they found the woman outside wrapped in a blanket and Holcombe inside laying in a pool of his own blood.
According to Holcombe's attorney, Julie Olson, neither her client nor the alleged victim seems to know exactly how the injury occurred. The alleged victim told police during her 911 call (which can be heard below) that after he had assaulted her, Holcombe had been alone in the kitchen and the woman her a loud bang and then found him on the floor.
Olsen said Holcombe claims that while the woman was on top of him during sexual activity, something hit him and suddenly he lost consciousness.
The judge hearing arguments was not swayed. Holcombe was ordered held without bail pending a probably cause hearing on Dec. 31. A temporary restraining order taken out by the alleged victim against Holcombe was extended to a full year, according to the Sun article.
Al Fresca Ristorante

 



Sex Assault 911 Call by the Lowell Sun

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday