Senior Center Scene: Fitness Classes, New Year's Eve Dinner Dance
Dec 11, 2015 08:24AM
● By Ashley Springman
Tewksbury Senior Center.
Don’t miss out! In celebration of the grand re-opening of The Gift Shop on Chandler, we are offering 20% off for the month of December. This offer excludes greeting cards, snacks and consignment items. Come by to check out our new inventory including Christmas wreaths and centerpieces. We carry children’s toys, jewelry, locally made crafts, Burt’s Bees products, reasonably priced greeting cards, and many more items that would make the perfect gift or stocking stuffer. It is open to the public and located just inside the main entrance of the Senior Center.
Gift Shop Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm
The Upscale Consignment Boutique is now offering Gift Certificates. Stop by the Upscale and purchase a gift certificate for the holidays!
Upscale Consignment Shoppe Hours: Monday – Thursday 11:00am -3:00pm, Friday 9:30am – 11:30am
- We have an evening class, “Fit for All”, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5pm to 6pm. Classes include cardio, stretching, strength training, yoga and ends with candle light meditation so that you can go home relaxed and get a good night’s sleep. The cost is $3 per class, cash or check. Participants must bring their own yoga mats.
- The Council on Aging is now assisting Tewksbury Senior Citizen residents with Fuel Assistance applications. Seniors may call Nicole at 978-640-4480 to arrange an appointment. Some of the household income eligibility guidelines for fuel assistance are as follows: 1 person $32,618; 2 people $42,654, 3 people $52,691; 4 people $62,727. Information on larger families and the eligible incomes is posted at the Senior Center and is also available from Community Teamwork (CTI). Younger families may call CTI at 978-459-6161 for information on how and where to apply.
- The next Parkinson’s Support Group will be held on January 8th 2016 from 9:30-11:00am at the Senior Center. This group is open to all ages. Caregivers welcome to attend with their loved one. Light refreshments will be served.
- The MS Support Group will be meeting on December 14th at 10am. The meeting is open to the public.
- The Red Hat Christmas Party will be held on December 16th beginning at 6:00pm. Ticket cost is $30 per Belle.
- The Silvertones will hold its next monthly dance at the Senior Center on Friday, December 18th beginning at 7:00 pm. Tickets are available at the door at $10 per person. Come on down and listen to the great big sounds of our in-house band.
- This month’s Brown Bag distribution for participating seniors will be December 22nd.
- Friends of the Elderly will hold their annual New Years Eve dinner dance on Thurs, Dec. 31st at 7:00pm. The theme for the evening is “The Roaring 20’s”. The cost is $50 per person which includes a buffet dinner catered by the Village Inn and Music by the Perfect Match Band. Tickets are available now at the Senior Center and must be purchased in advance.
- There are no trips scheduled for January or February during our cold winter months.
- March 11th - The Young Irelanders (Irish Step Dancers) – Ticket Sales will begin in January – Price per person $89. Includes transportation, show and dinner (corned beef/cabbage or baked scrod).