Police Log: Billerica Men Arrested On Drug Charges
Dec 11, 2015 04:02PM
By Bill Gilman
On Dec. 7, the Tewksbury Police Department arrested Robert Hughes, 26, of 10 Edgbaston Street, Billerica for distribution of buprenorphine and alprazolam. He was also charged with possession with the intent to distribute alprazolam. Also arrested was Andrew Allard, 24, of 2 Allard Way, Billerica for possession (without a prescription) of buprenorphine and alprazolam, subsequent offense.
Detectives were conducting surveillance when they observed a drug transaction in front of 260 Pine St. Both individuals were taken into custody.
Both were arraigned at Lowell District Court on December 8, 2015.
- Joe C. Khabbaz, 34, 11 Westcott Circle, Tewksbury, was arrested Dec. 8 on a warrant for Distribution of a Class B Substance.
- Jason Otero, 24, 130 Mt. Washington St., #3, Lowell, was arrested Dec. 6 and charged with shoplifting. He also had two outstanding warrants for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. A 12-year-old juvenile was also arrested in connection with the shoplifting incident, which took place at Walmart, 333 Main St., Tewksbury.
- Friday, Dec. 4, 5:08 p.m. -- A Robinson Avenue resident called police to report that someone had just cut a strand of his Christmas lights. He said the same thing had been done last year. He said he just wanted the incident logged.
- Friday, Dec. 4, 5:50 p.m. -- A caller said their vehicle was just struck by another vehicle at the intersection of Chandler Street and Main Street. The caller said the other vehicle fled the scene down Chandler Street toward East Street. Two officers responded to the scene. One vehicle was pulled over but turned out not to be involved. A report was filed.
- Monday, Dec. 7, 12:52 a.m. -- A caller reported a man was walking down the middle of Main Street, near Heatherwood. Two units responded. An ambulance was requested. The man was transported to LGH Saints Campus for evaluation.