Election 2016 Endorsement: Stronach Is The Best Choice For Board Of Selectmen
Mar 22, 2016 01:32PM
By Bill Gilman
To the Editor:
I rarely make it a habit to go public with my letters and comment on what I consider to be important to your readers and my fellow residents of Tewksbury. However, I feel compelled to do so herein. I am proudly endorsing and voting to return Anne Marie Stronach to the Tewksbury Board of Selectman this upcoming April 2, 2016 Town Election for all of the following reasons.
- Brings better communication with the community with her listening skills for the needs and issues of its residents and town employees.
- For the initiatives she has brought forward in her presence on the Board of Selectman previously, initiating the Financial Task Force and spearheading its recommendations to CEO’s of the town, school department and Finance Committee.
- Endless energy to be engaged on every community topic and the town’s business affairs when it comes to low cost affordable housing, development and growth to a residential and commercial tax base and tax levy.
- Development and assisting in formulating town policies, bringing sound questions and judgment and analysis prior to every vote of hers on the board.
- Volunteering and assisting in community and charity events raising more town people volunteerism and to champion businesses to get involved in school/town events.
- Working on public safety measures with our public safety employees
- Working with our PAC and school students on school sponsored events.
- Assisting with elderly affairs and programs for the betterment of them including recreation of the youth
- Anne Marie Stronach being acutely aware of proposed legislation conducted at the State and Federal level working with and through our elected representatives
All of my points above start with Anne Marie Stronach’s listening and communication abilities in my view and, her willingness to get very engaged with all items that can move Tewksbury forward. What brings me to this endorsement is her endless energy and several years’ experience, working with Selectwomen Ann Marie Stronach on projects and improving the community.
Therefore I ask everyone to join me to vote on Saturday April 2, 2016 and give one of your two votes to Selectwomen Anne Marie Stronach.
Thomas L Cooke