Police Log: The House Guest That Wouldn't Leave, The Dog That Couldn't Leave
Jun 28, 2016 12:09PM
By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
Martha N. Powers, 46, 508 Chester Ave., Moorestown, NJ, was charged with assault and battery on a person 60-over without injury.
The incident took place around 7 a.m. on Friday, June 24, when a male caller reported that there was a house guest in their home on Cayuga Road that refused to leave. He said Powers shoved his wife when he and his wife tried to get her to leave the property.
Three officers responded to the scene and, following an investigation, Powers was arrested.
Alleged check-kiting scheme foiled
On Wednesday, June 22, at 4:03 p.m., Police received a call from an employee of Enterprise Bank and Trust, 910 Andover St., reporting a man in the bank attempting to cash a bad check.
Two officers were sent to the scene. Following an investigation, Mark Hernandez Jr., 30, 855 Broadway Glen, Apt. 702, Chelsea and David J. Jones, 45, 31 Levant St., Apt. 1, Dorchester, were both placed under arrest. Both men were charged with uttering a false check and attempting to commit a crime.
- Robert L. Hillson, 62, 264 Pine St., Tewksbury, was arrested June 22 on a warrant for larceny by check over $250.
- Gilberto P. Perez Jr., 20, 1746 49th St., Pennsauken, NJ, was arrested June 21 on a warrant for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- Jeffrey L. Thomas, 40, 76 Bowden St., Lowell, was arrested on June 26 and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Haney Kimmel, 25, 40 Anthony Road, Tewksbury, was arrested June 26 on a warrant for a probation violation.
- Saturday, June 25, 12:16 p.m. -- Police received a 911 call regarding an accident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian near the Bank of America, 986 Main St. A full response was dispatched to the scene. The victim was taken by ambulance to LGH- Saints Campus for treatment.
- Friday, June 24, 4:17 p.m. -- Police received a call from a resident of Summer Street, reporting a dog vs. dog bite incident. The Animal Control Officer was contacted and she said she planned to follow up the next day. A report was filed.
- Sunday, June 26, 6:43 p.m. -- Police received a 911 call reporting a dog locked in a car with the windows all rolled up, located outside Urgent Care, 345 Main St. Two officers were sent to the scene and were able to locate the owner of the car and resolved the situation.
- Sunday, June 26, 7:04 p.m. -- A woman walked into Police Headquarters to report that a bike had been stolen from her home on Old Main Street. An officer spoke with the woman and filed a report.
- Sunday, June 26, 10:37 p.m. -- Police received a call from a person reporting two suspicious males at the Circle K convenience store, 1785 Andover St., asking questions about the store's safe. Three officers responded to the scene and spoke with the two men. The men told officers that they were not asking about the safe but were asking about the security cameras because they had lost a bag.
- Saturday, June 25, 11:44 a.m. -- Police received a call from a woman on St. Mary's Road, reporting that someone had destroyed her mailbox overnight. Two officers were sent to the scene and a report was filed.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday