Police Log: Long's Kitchen Fire, Pokemon Hunting After Dark
Jul 14, 2016 04:33PM
By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Department.
- Paul Luongo, 52, 10 Mission Place, Lowell, was arrested July 10 and charged with OUI-Liquor (2nd offense), negligent operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation.
- Wednesday, July 13, 10:39 p.m. -- Dispatch received a call from Angelina's Restaurant reporting a fire next door at Long's Kitchen. First responders reported seeing fire coming from the roof. A second alarm was sounded and mutual aid responded to cover the Tewksbury Stations. The fire was extinguished in a short amount of time and the owner was notified.
- Thursday, July 14, 1:04 a.m. -- An officer on patrol reported being out with a suspicious individual at the Saunders Recreation Complex on Livingston Street. The officer spoke to the person and reported the man told him he was attempting to capture a rare Pokemon at the recreation area as part of the Pokemon Go game.
- Thursday, July 14, 6:53 a.m. -- Police received a call from a woman parked in the lot at Home Depot, who reported that two of her tires had been slashed. A report was filed.
- Wednesday, July 13, 7:01 p.m. -- Police received a call from a resident of Trull Road reporting a small brush fire in the woods. The caller said his mother had been walking her dog and that some neighborhood kids had shot fireworks toward her, which is what started the fire. The Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire.
- Wednesday, July 13, 7:08 p.m. -- Dispatch received a 911 call from South Cross Street reporting a tree had fallen across the road. Two detail officers were requested to deal with traffic. DPW and National Grid were notified and responded to the scene.
- Wednesday, July 13, 3:27 a.m. -- Multiple 911 calls reported a motor vehicle crash in the southbound lane of Route 495 between exits 38 and 39. Full response. Andover Ambulance was also requested. No immediate word on injuries.
- Tuesday, July 12, 8:47 p.m. -- Police received a call from Woodcrest Drive reporting a possible water main break. A responding officer conformed the break. DPW was notified and responded to the scene.
- Tuesday, July 12, 1:44 p.m. -- A female caller reported locating her neighbor's motor vehicle, that had been reported stolen at 6:36 a.m. from Hinckley Road. The vehicle was found parked in front of the CVS at Oakdale Mall. An officer was dispatched to notify the owner of the car. The caller drove the car back to the owner's house.
- Saturday, July 9, 8:39 a.m. -- Police received a call from a Pine Street resident who had found a stray black lab in her yard. She said the dog had a green collar and no ID tag. The caller said she wanted to hang onto the dog until Animal Control arrived. The ACO was notified.
- Saturday, July 9, 8:50 a.m. -- Dispatch received a call from a Franklin Street resident reporting that her vehicle had been broken into some time overnight. An officer was dispatched to the scene and a report was filed.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday