Wilmington Chamber Of Commerce Half Marathon & 5K Set For Sept. 25
Aug 13, 2016 06:12AM
By Theresa Gilman
(Editor's Note: this content was provided by the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce.)
WILMINGTON, MA - Coming this September runners are invited to Wilmington as the Chamber of Commerce will host the 12th running of their Half Marathon & 5K Run or Walk 9/25/16.
Conveniently located north of Boston only 1/2 mile off Rt 93 on Rt 62, the run will start at Waltham Street and wind through Wilmington’s scenic back roads to finish back at the start. There is ample free parking. The Half (13.1 miles) and 5K (3.1 miles) are on courses that are USATF certified and flat, fast and well marked. Over 500 athletes participate each year.A Great Value! Entry fees are:
- Half Marathon - $30 Pre-Registration / $35 Race Day
- 5K Run/Walk - $20 Pre-Registration / $25 Race Day
- Students (18 and younger) - $15
- 8:00 am - 9:30 am – Registration and Sign-in
- 9:00 am – Wilmington Fit Body Boot Camp Pre-Race Warm-up (optional)
- 9:45 am – Racers/Walkers to Start Lines at 10 Waltham St.
- 10:00 am – Shotgun Start for both races.
Both races start and finish at 10 Waltham Street.
Three Ways to Register:
- Online by 9/22 at www.RaceWire.com (by credit card)
- Mail registration form & check made payable to: Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, 226 Lowell St., Suite B-4-A, Wilmington, MA 01887 (Visit www.wilmingtonmachamber.com to download registration form)
- Race Day registration begins at 8:00 am
Bib Pick-Up will be on Saturday, 9/24, from 10 am – 2 pm at the Race Site, OR on Race Day from 8 am – 9:30 am.Race Amenities & Perks:
- USATF Certified Courses
- Professional B-Chip Timing
- Race T-Shirt (guaranteed for first 500 pre-registrants)
- Pre-Race Warm-Up (powered by Wilmington Fit Body Boot Camp)
- Mile Markers & Water Stops
- Awards for Top Overall Finishers
- Medals to Top 3 Race / Age / Gender
- Medals to Half Finishers (NEW this year!)
- Ribbons to 5K Finishers
Family Fun Festivities include music, hot dogs, fruit, ice cream, face painting, and sponsor booths with giveaways and raffles.
Hallmark Health Medical Associates
Lahey Health – Winchester Hospital
Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
See Chamber website for listing of additional sponsors. Businesses interested in sponsorship and race day table set-up are encouraged to contact the Chamber by August 22th.
Portion of proceeds benefit Scholarships for Wilmington Students and various community donations.
Contact the Chamber at 978-657-7211 for additional details or visit: www.WilmingtonMAChamber.com
Post Race Parties:
Runners who show their race bib on 9/25 at the following restaurants will receive ½ off appetizers:
- Red Heat Tavern – 300 Lowell Street
- Tremezzo Ristorante – 2 Lowell Street
For the 7th year, “Team Kelli” Family & Friends will reunite to run/walk in memory of Kelli Agati Murray. Kelli passed away in June, 2010 leaving behind five beautiful children and a town filled with family & friends. Race proceeds are used each year to fund two scholarships in Kelli’s name which are presented by Pat Agati in May.