Police Log: Stolen Hoverboard, Injured Turkey, Phony Cop?
Sep 06, 2016 06:03AM
By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
- Melissa A. Beauchesne, 35, 86 Baldwin St., Apt. 7, Lowell, was arrested on Aug. 29 on two outstanding warrants, both for shoplifting.
- Daniel A. Dorno, 22, 10 Grafton St., Lawrence, was arrested Aug. 28 and charged with shoplifting.
- Glenn Craig Worthing, 55, Veterans Way, Apt. 207A, Lowell, was arrested Aug. 24 and charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- Monday, Aug. 29, 5:36 p.m. -- A Marion Drive resident walked into Police Headquarters and reported that his vehicle was one of several broken into at his home previously. He hadn't reported it earlier but was reporting it now because his hoverboard had been stolen and he saw it for sale on the Internet. An officer spoke with the man and a report was filed.
- Monday, Aug. 29, 5:01 p.m. -- A male caller reported that his wallet had been stolen from the 99 Restaurant. A report was filed.
- Sunday, Aug. 28, 5:14 p.m. -- A woman walked into Police Headquarters and wanted to talk to an officer regarding photos and messages she found on her son's phone. An officer spoke with the woman and a report was filed.
- Sunday, Aug. 28, 8:10 a.m. -- A caller reported an injured turkey on the side of Bopete Lane. The caller said the bird looked like it had been attacked. It was alive but it was struggling. The Animal Control Officer was responding to the scene. A report was filed.
- Sunday, Aug. 28, 9:24 p.m. -- Police received a call reporting a tree had fallen across the road and had taken down some wires on Heather Road. The DPW was notified and National Grid was notified. Responders noted the wires were not all the way down.
- Friday, Aug. 26, 2:19 a.m. -- A resident of Apache Way called and reported his car had been egged and had sustained damage, Two officers responded to the scene. An officer reported the incident took place earlier in the day on North Street.
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 4:05 p.m. -- An Ames Hill Road resident reported finding a live snake in the lobby of their building. An officer responded but the snake had fled the scene by the time he arrived.
- Thursday, Aug. 25, 6:25 p.m. -- A woman walked into Police Headquarters and reported she had been pulled over by a man with a badge, but not in uniform, in the area of Tewksbury Hospital, at 2:30 p.m. She said he was driving a silver four-door sedan. An officer spoke with the woman and a report was filed.
- Tuesday, Aug. 23, 6:53 a.m. -- A caller told Dispatch that while out on a walk, he noticed damage to several mailboxes in his neighborhood on Worthern Place. An officer responded to the area and confirmed there was damage to some of the mailboxes.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday