Police Log: Pit Bulls Pay A Visit, Towed Vehicle Bursts Into FlameSep 12, 2016 01:16PM ● By Bill Gilman
Tewksbury Police Headquarters.
- Loc Tran, 27, 8 Tiffany Road, Apt. 6, Salem, NH, was arrested on Sept. 6 and charged with Possession of a Class A drug, as well as having a warrant for his arrest as a fugitive from justice.
- Michael J. Whittley, 45, 3 Fenwick, Boston, was arrested Sept. 3 and charged with OUI-liquor and a marked lanes violation.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 10:45 a.m. -- An officer pulled over a vehicle near Oscar's Pinata's, 345 Main St., for a cracked windshield. After pulling over, the driver fled the scene on foot and headed into the woods near Wal-Mart. The officer requested assistance and six additional officers responded. In addition, K-9 units from Tewksbury Billerica and Andover responded to aid in the search. The State Police and Airwing also participated, though the suspect could not be found. The suspect was identified and it was discovered that he had outstanding warrants for his arrest.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 2:45 p.m. -- An Andover Street resident called police and reported she was hearing loud explosions nearby. An officer was sent to investigate and discovered that the loud noises were not explosions. Rather, a neighbor was doing backyard work and was dropping steel into a dumpster, making the loud noise.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 4:06 a.m. -- A caller reported a tree had fallen across the road on North Billerica Road. Three officers responded to the scene and reported they were able to remove the hazard from the road.
- Sunday, Sept. 4, 4:45 p.m. -- A 911 call reported a two-car accident near Oscar's Pinatas on Main Street. Both cars needed to be towed. One patient was taken by ambulances to LGH-Saints Campus for treatment.
- Sunday, Sept. 4, 4:46 p.m. -- A caller from Merrimack Meadows Lane reported that the tires on their car had been slashed at some time overnight. An officer was sent to the scene and a report was filed.
- Sunday, Sept. 4, 2:47 a.m. -- Police received a 911 call from a cab driver at the Holiday Inn, 4 Highwood Drive. The driver said the person he had just dropped off left without paying his fare. An officer was sent to the scene but the person could not be located. A report was filed.
- Saturday, Sept. 3, 10:19 a.m. -- A resident on Minuteman Way called police and reported two black pit bulls had just wandered into her house. The Animal Control Officer was notified. In the meantime, the caller reported that the owner of the dogs showed up and claimed them and took control of them. The ACO was updated.
- Saturday, Sept. 3, 12:07 a.m. -- The State Police requested the Tewksbury Fire Department come to Cracker Barrel on Andover Street. According to the caller, a vehicle that they had towed off the highway had now caught fire. An engine and three officers were sent. The fire was extinguished.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday