What's Open And Closed On Memorial Day
May 28, 2017 10:13PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Here is a list of local businesses and services that will be open or closed on Memorial Day.
Here's the list of what is open and closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29:
- Retail Stores
- Convenience stores
- It would be a good idea to call ahead before heading to any of the businesses listed above, as many of them may be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Town Hall and all municipal offices
- Public Schools
- Private Schools
- Public Library
- No Mail Delivery - All U.S post offices are closed. Express delivery only.
- State Offices
- Senior Center
- Stock Market
- Federal Offices
- NOTE: Trash and recycling pickup will take place one day later than usual this week because of the holiday.
- MBTA: Operating on a limited schedule, with weather-related delays possible. Rapid transit will run underground only, with limited shuttle service replacing above-ground trains. Buses on a modified Saturday schedule; many follow snow routes. Commuter Rail and Silver Line 2 on a Saturday schedule; Silver Line 1, 4, and 5, as well as Charlestown and Hingham ferry service, on weekday schedules. No ferry connection service at Hingham; no Mattapan trolley service. The RIDE will operate normally. For more information, call 617-222-3200.