Time For The 19th Annual Community Safe Halloween
Oct 07, 2017 05:54AM
By Theresa Gilman
(Editor's Note: the following information was provided by the Tewksbury Police Department.)
The Tewksbury Police Department will be hosting the 19th Annual Community Safe Halloween on Sunday, October 29th from 10AM to 1PM at the Tewksbury Memorial High School, 320 Pleasant Street. This event is being sponsored by Circle Health.
There will be games for the children to play, face painting, safety demonstrations, raffles as well as arts & craft tables courtesy of the Tewksbury Fire Department, Blaire House, Allie Cat Crafts, Creative Learning Academy, Wicked Cheesy, Salem Five, Wamesit Lanes, RTN Credit Union, H&R Block, Hannaford, and Community Teamwork. There will be a special appearance from the Rowdy, the UMASS Lowell mascot.
In addition to the above activities, there will be a touch a truck courtesy of Northeastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council (NEMLEC) SWAT Armored Rescue Vehicle, Tewksbury Transit, Tewksbury Department of Public Works, and Tewksbury Country Club, a costume contest, a police K9 dog show, and entertainment thanks to DJ Dave Stag & Dance Expressions.
In case of rain, a smaller version of the event will take place inside the school.
For more information or to get involved, please contact Officer Jennie Welch at (978)851-7373, Ext 230.
Tips for Safe Trick
If you're going 'Trick or Treating' at Halloween, remember these safety tips, so you can have fun and keep safe at the same time!
- Always go trick or treating with an adult
- Only go to houses where you or your friends know the residents
- Don’t knock on doors where there is a sign saying ‘NO callers’ or there are no outside lights on
- Stay in areas that are lit with streetlights - take a flashlight with you just in case
- Stay with your friends - don’t split into smaller groups unless an adult goes with you
- Do not talk to strangers on the street
- Don’t enter any house, stay on the doorstep
- Always look carefully before crossing the road, even if you are part of a group;
- Be visible