What's Closed And What's Open On The Columbus Day Holiday?
Oct 07, 2018 04:16PM
● By Bill Gilman
Columbus Day is Monday, Oct. 8. So what businesses and offices are open today and what are closed?
Here's the list of what is open and closed on Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 9:
- Retail Stores
- Convenience stores
- It would be a good idea to call ahead before heading to any of the businesses listed above, as many of them may be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Town Hall and all municipal offices
- Public Schools
- Private Schools
- Public Library
- No Mail Delivery - All U.S post offices are closed. Express delivery only.
- State Offices
- The Senior Center
- Stock Market
- Federal Offices
- NOTE: Trash and recycling pickup will take place one day later than usual this week because of the holiday.
- MBTA: Operating on a limited schedule, with weather-related delays possible. Rapid transit will run underground only, with limited shuttle service replacing above-ground trains. Buses on a modified Saturday schedule; many follow snow routes. Commuter Rail and Silver Line 2 on a Saturday schedule; Silver Line 1, 4, and 5, as well as Charlestown and Hingham ferry service, on weekday schedules. No ferry connection service at Hingham; no Mattapan trolley service. The RIDE will operate normally. For more information, call 617-222-3200.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday