Tewksbury Line Of March Event Scheduled For April 26
Mar 09, 2020 05:01AM
Last year's Line-of-March (photo: Lowell Sun)
This is a memorial celebration and reenactment of the response by the original Tewksbury Minutemen / Militia marking the start of the American Revolutionary War on April 19th 1775.
As an annual 21st Century March over the authentic route taken to Concord, the public is encouraged to assemble with the Tewksbury Minutemen at the Tewksbury Town Center.
When: Sunday April 26th, 2020 at 1:30pm .
● See and hear the call to arms of the unknown rider
spreading the alarm from Concord
● Speak with trained reenactors in colonial clothing
describing the concerns of the period that precluded
the chain of events leading up to this moment in history
● Watch the militia arrive from the directions of the compass to muster on the town center
● Follow them as they march a portion of the original route to the Tewksbury Library
● Experience the memorial salutes at each Line of March Marker along the route
● Give homage to the original militia men as we provide a memorial salute on the Tewksbury Library green
And, after the march and final salute is made, join us in the Tewksbury Public library meeting room to hear a free presentation of colonial cooking methods and recipes by the Cast Iron Chef award winner Stacy Booth.
Dressed in period clothing, she will have reproduction cooking
utensils, pots, pans. and will welcome a hands-on Q/A session
at the end of the presentation.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yourtewksburytoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @TewksburyToday Follow us on Instagram at YourTewksburyToday