Couple Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges, Child Endangerment
On June 22, 2020 the Tewksbury Police Department arrested Michael Upton, 32, of 251 Butman Road, Lowell MA and Melissa Normandin, 37, of 555 Western Ave, Lynn MA
Michael Upton was arrested for the following offenses and active arrest warrants:
1. Possession of a class b substance-Crack Cocaine.
2. Possession of a class b substance-Suboxone.
3. Possession of a class e substance-Gabapentin.
4. Reckless endangerment of a child.
5. Arrest warrant out of Lawrence District Court-B&E nighttime for felony and Larceny over $1200.
6. Arrest warrant out of Lawrence District Court- B&E nighttime for felony and Larceny over $1200.
Melissa Normandin was arrested for the following offenses:
1. Possession of a class b substance with intent to distribute-Suboxone.
2. Possession of a class a substance-Fentanyl.
3. Possession of a class b substance-Cocaine.
4. Possession of a class e substance-Gabapentin.
5. Reckless endangerment of a child.
Members of the Tewksbury Police Department responded to the Residence Inn, 1775 Andover Street, Tewksbury MA, to conduct a well-being check of Melissa Normandin, Michael Upton, and their newborn child. This well-being check was requested by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in response to information they received that Michael and Melissa were using drugs.
Officers arrived on scene and located Michael and Melissa inside of room #423 at the Residence Inn. It was discovered that Michael had two (2) active arrest warrants. During the course of the well-being check Michael and Melissa were found to be in possession of the above listed narcotics. DCF arrived on scene and took custody of the child.
Upton was held to be transported to Lawrence District Court to be arraigned on his arrest warrants on June 24, 2020. Upton is due to be arraigned at Lowell District Court on August 4, 2020 for the new charges.
Normandin was released on personal recognizance and is due to be arraigned at Lowell District Court on August 4, 2020.
The Tewksbury Police Department urges any citizens who suspect criminal activity to call the Dispatch Center @ 978-851-7373. If you wish to remain anonymous please call the Tip Line @ 978-851-0175 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .