Our church is a community of christians and we welcome all people desiring to lead their lives according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, regardless of race, color, national origin, previous religious background, economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, or physical challenges. We are affiliated with the United Church of Christ (UCC) and belong to the Massachusetts Conference. Tewksbury Congregational Church was established in 1734 by some 34 resident families who signed The Covenant and Articles of Faith, after leaving the church in Billerica, in order "that there might be preaching in ye town". The reverend Sampson Spaulding was called as the first minister at the opening of the first meeting house in 1736. The second meeting house, constructed in 1824, was destroyed by fire in 1918. The cornerstone of the present building was laid in 1922, and the "educational wing" was dedicated in 1959. In 1962, it was voted to join with the umbrella organization of the United Church of Christ but to maintain the historic name.